Case Processing
does anyone with similar timeline know how long it would take to receive a decision? Says USCIS had already received my REF
does anyone with similar timeline know how long it would take to receive a decision? Says USCIS had already received my REF
IR-1/CR-1
U.S. citizen filing for a spouse
Total Days: 954 days
Case
2024-03-22
Today
I-485
954 Days
California Service Center: I-485
Field office
Please, I wish to know how I can determine the field office where my case is currently. In February 2024, I filed for I-485 based on an approved I-140. I also filed for I-765 and I-131.
My PD is Jan, 24 2023.
A little bit of my background: I came in with F1 in Jan 2018, status got terminated April 2018. Filed for asylum November 2018. At the moment, asylum application is still pending.
However, I filed for NIW-EB2 in January 2023 and got approved April, 2023.
After several consultations with people with similar experience in and outside of this platform, I decided to file for I-485 as opposed to consular processing. I was initially considering consular processing because of the fear that adjustment of status maybe denied due to termination of my F1 just 3 months after entering the US (loss of status) and asylum was not filed until over 6 months after.
I am sincerely hoping that my case is approved very soon. My I-485 application is now over 133 days, and haven't heard anything, including the I-765 and I-131 applications.
How do I know which field office is handling my case?
And please, does anyone have a similar or very close situation as mine.
Thank you!
expedite process
Has any one tried to to expedite their case? My spouse is Palestinian and given the climate over there, we were thinking that maybe we could file for expedition due to the war. Just wanted to ask if any one has experience with it and if it woulf cause any issue with the existing timeline if we attempted that route. its been 611 days since we filed, and aside from getting i-795 approval, we have not heard anything yet.
*pulls hair out* stressed
i485j portability
So, as I mentioned in the other post, I was having trouble finding another company to do the porting of the I-485J. I will try Texas Roadhouse for my meat cutter job. I decided to do this because most of the information about Texas Roadhouse can be found online. I will just need to hand it to the manager and ask him to review the information and sign it. Will this be possible?
Additionally, Texas Roadhouse currently does not have a meat cutter position available, so I will start in another position. Will this affect my process? And I have another question: if I port to another company and don’t want to work with them until my green card is issued, can they cancel my I-485J? Because as far as I know, they cancel the I-140, but the I-140 is from another company.