How Much Does a Marriage Green Card Cost?
How much does it cost to get a Green Card through marriage? Although the application is the most important part of a marriage Green Card application, filing fees are also an important part of the application process. In this article, the filing fees and other costs are listed to take into consideration before submitting your application.
1. How much does a Green Card Cost?
Filing fees are typically the simplest aspect of a marriage Green Card application. However, it is important to understand what the fees are and how much the marriage Green Card costs to prepare for the Green Card application.
- Marriage Green Card applicant lives in the United States - $1,760.00
- Marriage Green Card applicant lives outside of the United States - $1,200.00
*Additional fees for medical examination are excluded from the above figure. Additional costs to obtain certified documentation are also excluded from the above figure. Please refer to the chart below highlighting the filing fees associated with marriage Green Card costs:
Marriage Green Card Application Fees
|Category of Applicant||Fees|
|Living in the United States|
|Living outside of the United States|
II. Are there other costs associated with a marriage Green Card?
When reviewing the basic fees associated with the marriage Green Card application, it is often easy to overlook other marriage Green Card costs applicants may encounter. The following are additional fees that need to be considered regarding the marriage Green Card costs:
- Medical Examination
- As mentioned above, these fees will vary depending on the civil surgeon or the panel physician’s individual rates for medical examination
- Costs for vaccination
- Along with your medical examination, the marriage Green Card applicant may require updated vaccinations. These fees will vary depending on health insurance coverage, or where the vaccinations are performed
- Fees for translating documents
- If any of the application’s documents are originally in a foreign language, these documents will need to be translated into English, then certified by the translator. Depending on the fee rate for translation and how many documents are necessary, the marriage Green Card applicant’s fees will vary
- Fees for general documents
- When submitting your marriage Green Card application, copies of certified documents, and original documents will need to be requested. Various government entities and keepers of records will charge varied rates
- Fees for photographs
- Copies of authorized passport sized photographs will be needed to be submitted with the marriage Green Card application. Depending on where the photographs are taken, the prices will vary
- Travel expenses for appointments
- Depending on where the nearest USCIS field office or U.S. embassy or consulate office is located, there may be additional fees for travel. Although minimal, it is still an expense to take into consideration when calculating for marriage Green Card costs
- Postage for submissions
- When submitting and filing documents for the marriage Green Card application, there will be fees assessed for postage. Although minimal, it is still an expense to take into consideration when calculating for marriage Green Card costs