My Rock
Jul 9, 2024
Planning to withdraw both I-485 and I-130
I have a pending AOS since 2020.
Interviewed in 2021
Medical rfe in 2022
And May 13th, 2024, we got an RFE for previous marriage certificate on form I-130.
It was at this point I realized (that based on the different types of marriages that my country of origin does), I did not have the right divorce paper from previous marriage.
I planned responding to the RFE (marriage certificate) and wait for USCIS response after receiving the marriage certificate. My plan is if they respond with a NOID, I will withdraw the case and start all over with a divorce decree initiated from the US.
Here is the catch,
While waiting to respond to the RFE, July 5th, 2024, I-130 for kids abroad got approved.
Now, I am at a dilemma on what to do especially now that kids I-130 got approved?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
ADVERTISEMENT
gigi kmnJul 10, 2024
Hold on, did you get an RFE or no? If yes then RESPOND to it !
My RockJul 10, 2024
@gigi kmn
Yes, I got an RFE for additional documents before the kids' approval
My PJul 10, 2024
@My Rock If you didn’t have the right divorce decree because of the different types of marriages is it at least legal? Otherwise you may have to go the route as what you are suggesting and start all over again. Your children’s case would also have to be pulled. If you got a noid based on problem with your marriage certificate there is no legal basis for their application. I’m sorry you didn’t see this sooner to have this addressed you have waited so long already. Good luck I’m rooting for you.
Grace speaks for meOct 21, 2024
hello, I assume you are Nigerian? please may I ask a few questions.
what was your previous marriage ( a traditional marriage or a wedding in court/ church ? )
what type of divorce paper did you submit please?
I’m trying to understand this whole process.
