tommy Teo
17 de ago de 2024
RFE and fiscal year 2025
The department of state announced that it is out of green card for 2024. I received the RFE already for medical form. Should I sent it back or wait until October? my deadline is Oct 27th.
here is the link https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/annual-limit-eb3-ew.html
#eb3-unskilled
#RFE
PUBLICIDAD
tommy Teo17 de ago de 2024
I think there are 2 options can be happened. First, we send this time and we need to wait till October and we don’t know what will going on later. Second, we wait till October and send it then they receive and issue the greencard with the new annual limit.
no one17 de ago de 2024
@tom tran. does this apply to Counselors cases or also Aos? The statement i read on their page they specifically mentioned consulate and embassies to resume the cases?
a t17 de ago de 2024
I'm leaning toward option 2
free khan 1917 de ago de 2024
I think it was consular processing because nothing is published on USCIS official web news but it’s on Travel.gov website which deals with consular processing and USCIS I think deals with AOS applications I am not sure about it but that’s just my understanding I would recommend you getting it done ASAP may be they already assigned a visa number to you and they are just waiting on final documentation.
tommy Teo17 de ago de 2024
@A hope I’m not sure but you and I are on the same page, right?
@a T same my idea.
@hnk 91 State department is headquarter of USCIS and NVC.
no one17 de ago de 2024
@tom tran yes even with same pd and rfe🫣
Xhi Yhao17 de ago de 2024
They asked you for your medicals and you are doing permutations and combinations on when best to send it?
I am trying to understand what the exact problem is here?
Are you the one to grant yourself greencard or USCIS is the one issuing it?
Do your medicals ASAP and send it in
Y'all make me laugh everyday
free khan 1917 de ago de 2024
@tom tran I know but in the news the orders were only directed to embassies and consulates not to any field offices otherwise the order and announcement would have been on USCIS website aswell. anyways that’s just my assumption I hope for the best I wouldn’t wait for a single day on medical you never know when can something happen. but it’s upto you
tommy Teo17 de ago de 2024
@hope did you send ref already?
@USCIS IS A MESS I mean with option 1 if they can not issue my green card and wait for a new visa in Oct, it may mess up my document and pending more. I have a friend who had in same problem. It is a reason why I think opt2. Anyway, thanks for your comment.
@hnk 91 I'm thinking like you. It may be like that.
sam shr17 de ago de 2024
i got the rfe today my pd is sept 2020
what shoul i do?? should i wait or what??
hello mark17 de ago de 2024
respond to your RFE as soon as possible don't delay. They can deny your I-485 for not responding. note DOS is the department responsible for visa number allocation. Even if USCIS is going to issue a GC they have to request a visa number from the DOS, once DOS approved that request then they order GC to be produced.
S K17 de ago de 2024
@tom tran where do you see the info about DHS announcing they are out of green cards for this year. can you share the link please.
tommy Teo17 de ago de 2024
C R17 de ago de 2024
@tom tran Hello, regardless of the fiscal year and the news published by the DOS, if they sent you an RFE, my suggestion is that you respond to the RFE, take into account the time indicated in the RFE to give your response because if you go over the date, they can deny your case, so, whether they give you the green card this fiscal year or the next, the important thing is that they approve it and not when. Focus on doing what you must in order to be able to respond as soon as possible so that your case is approved.
EVERYTHING HAS THE RIGHT TIME, IT IS NOT BEFORE OR AFTER.
Much success.
tommy Teo17 de ago de 2024
@C R Thanks for your great comment. if you read carefully my post, you should see my deadline is oct 27. So I wonder if I should send right now or wait till Oct, absolutely before my deadline. hjhj anyway thanks for your highly recommendation.
Feb 2117 de ago de 2024
Send it now while your PD is current even though they ran out of visa number, who knows what they might do to your case in a month? And remember you can ask about your case after 60 days from they received your medical.
PD 12-2117 de ago de 2024
@tom tran i think you should wait until Oct, then to do next steps. btw what is your PD and status?
C R17 de ago de 2024
@tom tran In my experience I didn't expect anything, my RFE said I had until September 13th to send it and I sent it on July 29th (I had everything previously prepared, it was for midterms), on August 1st I received confirmation that USCIS already had my response, it's always better to send it in advance for any eventuality and unfortunately there are some. In any case, it's your decision, however, I don't know about the other RFEs, but mine did say (paraphrasing) to send the response as soon as possible and by express mail, it also said that although they can't guarantee anything, to send it soon to have the possibility of being taken into account for this fiscal year that ends on September 30th.
tommy Teo17 de ago de 2024
Thanks all of guys for your discussions and willingly share your thought about my concern. hjhj I will send RFE asap. Hopefully it will be best for my case. thanks again for your help.
Rom Sin17 de ago de 2024
I think you should do your medical and send it ASAP. My PD is October 29,2020. My status changed to REQUEST FOR INITIAL AND ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE, 4 days back. Haven’t received the letter yet. not sure what they will ask for!!
tommy Teo18 de ago de 2024
@Rom Sin medical form
a t19 de ago de 2024
I just got NCBP status after responding to medical RFE despite USCIS annoucement on no more visa issuance this FY. So I think you should mail your rfe ASAP
free khan 1920 de ago de 2024
@a T congratulations when did you get notification like time and date ? if you don’t mind
a t20 de ago de 2024
@hnk 91 just today. 6 days after USCIS received my rfe
free khan 1920 de ago de 2024
@a T same here
no one20 de ago de 2024
@a T A foolish question. is ncbp a approval notice?
free khan 1920 de ago de 2024
@A hope it means new card is being produced. I guess that’s what it is an approval or a sign or approval
